Sunday, May 25, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Joseph's letter from May 12, 2014

Hey Family,
                Ok I know I just talked to y'all yesterday so lots of this might be repeats. But this week has been good. On Monday I got notified that I would be leaving West Memphis. Well we played some games that day and went to the Jones that night for dinner. After dinner we took pics and went to the Anderson's to say goodbye. We took some more pics and visited with them for a little. Then on Tuesday we went to the Lott's for breakfast and more pics. After the Lott's we went home and I packed my bags. I called Noland and talked with him then we went to Sonic and visited with McKenzie. We went to the Orey's for dinner and and visited with them and Nana and Papa Jim. We then went to Gene Jones house and visited with him. On Wednesday we went to see Sister Teeter and say goodbye to her. We then went off to transfers. At transfers I got moved to the Arkansas side of the mission which I was expecting. We then loaded all our stuff on some trailers and drove to Little Rock. From there I was told I was going to Choctaw 3 (Clinton). My new companion is Elder Eatchel. He is new and has been out for 3 months so I am follow up training him. We were asked by President Petersen to work more in the Mountain View area. We then went to Clinton and by the time we got there it was around nine so I unpacked. On Thursday we walked around most of the day. We aren't on bike week but one of the other missionaries crashed our car so it is still in the shop. We saw a few people. One is a recent convert named Sam. He is really cool. We also saw Mark and Kim and Miss Kitty. Mark works a lot and it's hard to catch him at home but is really cool. Miss Kitty reminds me of Pat. She is always doing something and knows everything about the town. We also went and saw Dan. He is a 19 year old that likes playing video games. On Friday we went and got the car out of the shop because it was done. We then went to the Conroy's. They are less active members that we have FHE with on Fridays. On Saturday we went to town square in the morning and did service. We then went to Mountain View to see some people. When we came home, we went to see Sam and teach him a new member discussion with the Carson's. On Sunday we went to Shirley where Bro Dunlap lives. We went with him to church up in Mountain View. When we came home we talked to our families. We then went to see Dan later that night. 
 
                 That's it for my week. It has been a great week and I think I will enjoy serving here in Clinton. It was nice talking to y'all yesterday. Thanks for all y'all do. I love and pray for y'all.
Elder Talbert 

No comments:

Post a Comment