Monday, July 28, 2014

Book of Mormon

Joesph's letter from July 14

Hey Family,
                  This week has been great! On Tuesday we had district meeting. It was about inviting people. It was really good. after, I went on exchanges with Elder Bell. We stayed in Mountain View. We went out teaching with Nash. He is 17 and preparing to go on his mission. We first saw this guy named Blake. He is cool and believes in a lot of everything. We then went driving around and met these two guys named Ricky and Jay. They were cool and open to the gospel. Later that night we went and talked with Nash's family. They are not members but still like us and are ok with him going on a mission. On Wednesday we exchanged back in the morning and then worked in the Family History Center all day. We had dinner with the Branch President and then went to young mens. We played some B-Ball at young mens and I remembered how much I suck at it. On Friday we went to Shirley to contact some people, then in the evening we met with Jesse and invited him out to church.  Sunday I spoke in sacrament meeting again. I spoke about 3 weeks ago and the Branch president was out of town so he didn't realize I spoke. So I spoke on the Book of Mormon this week. It was really good and I talked about Moroni's challenge. I learned that it doesn't matter if its your first time reading the Book of Mormon or if you have read the Book of Mormon 100 times, you should still pray to know whether it is true after every time you read it. It will get you fired up about missionary work and the gospel. The branch president brought an investigator named Donovan to church and he really liked it. We are going to see him on Wednesday this week. 

         That is about it for my week. It has been good and fairly boring. I hope y'all have a great week. I love hearing for you.
Elder Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment