Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's my horse, horse, just like in my dream

Hey Family 
               First off the whole subject thing is confusing. Everyone sends me a quote from a different movie so from now on I pick and next week send a movie quote from the one I send this week.
        
                My week has been great. Not much exciting has happened though. This week we have been trying to focus on getting members to go teaching with us. It has been about 60 degrees this week and it looks like it is spring. I am definitely NOT missing the snow. Yesterday we were supposed to have ward conference and Fast Sunday was going to be moved to the second week. On Saturday we got a text saying that ward conference had been canceled and it was Fast Sunday tomorrow. We discovered that a sister missionary serving in Oklahoma mission had gotten hit and was killed. She was from Arkansas and the stake presidency had decided to go to her home ward instead of having ward conference. Which was probably a better thing to go and do. On Tuesday there was a fairly bad storm and there had been sights of tornadoes around the state. After dinner we were advised to go in. Well me and Elder Jacobson went in and hung out and watched the storm but it never got that bad. Then the next day we were out visiting a less active and he asked if we heard the storm last night. We were like, it rained hard for like a minute but that was it. Well apparently it had gotten bad around 9, but I still think we somehow missed it. Which is too bad because I wanted to see a tornado. Today and last week I have been emailing Erik and I realized that he didn't even know where I was on my mission because I told him I was in Hot Springs and he thought I was in Arizona.

             Happy Birthday Kent, hope it was a great day and you were rooting for the Ravens (because they won). Mom, I don't know if you have the blog up and running but Jeff and Deborah want to read my emails. Thanks for letting me know about my Dr. visit. Well I'm out of things to say so I hope that you all have a great week.   
                                                                                                                                                              - Elder Talbert
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment