Sunday, March 24, 2013

quote here

Hey Family,
                  It's great to hear that you are all doing good. I'm glad to hear that grandma Joanne is doing good. It sounds to me like you had a fun week. I got the newsletter l from bishop this week. I started to read it and I realized I had heard the story already. Then I started laughing because I realized it was about my family. It was a good newsletter and I let my companion read it and he liked it too.

                  My week has been great. This week was transfers. Me and my companion were sure that one of us was getting transferred because I was getting trained and usually after your first 12 weeks you get a new companion. It ended up that because this transfer there were like 14 sisters and 1 elder coming out that all the sisters got moved and not much happened to the elders. I am still in Hot Springs for the time being. On Tuesday the Zone leaders came up and interviewed the kid that is getting baptized this Saturday.  We went on blitzes with them and that was lots of fun (a blitz is when you go on splits with two other elders but you all stay in one area). On Wednesday we were excited that we didn't have to go to transfers because we got to save about 150 miles by not driving to Little Rock. That evening however, we got a text from the AP (Assistants to the President) that said that all Zone leaders and district leaders had a meeting in Little Rock the next day. On Thursday we went to Little Rock and used those 150 miles we thought we didn't have to use. Well during the meeting, me and all the other missionaries whose companions are district leaders sat and talked about how to better help each others investigators. Then that evening we had dinner at Jim Griffin's house. Jim Griffin is a ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor. He is the one that sold grandpa his first set of hearing aids so it was fun to have dinner with him. Friday and Saturday we biked around almost all day. Hot Springs has lots of hills so riding bikes is an adventure. 

                That's about it for my week. Thanks for the pictures Heather. I think that you now have enough shoes to last you a life time. It is also really cool that Savanna is coming here. I will keep an eye out for her. Thanks for all the support and I will send an email with some pictures in it next week.
                                   -Elder Talbert 

No comments:

Post a Comment