Sunday, April 14, 2013

I'm right behind ya, yea right behind ya

Hey Family,
                   This week was great. This week on Tuesday after our district meeting we went with the other Elders in our district and visited a less active member of ours named Tommy. It was lots of fun. Then that evening we went to the Hot Springs Village to have dinner with one of the members. It was my second time at the Village and I realized why it is the biggest gated community in the U.S. After we got into the gate we had to drive another 10ish miles to get to the member's house. Without a GPS, a person would easily get lost there. Then on Thursday we went out teaching with a member in the evening. It was lots of fun and we took him to visit some of our investigators who live in a shady apartment complex in town. Then we went to the church and played volleyball. On Friday we went to a funeral in the morning. The funeral was for Sister Wray's dad. The Wray's are the members that we live with. If you look up my address on google maps it will show you their house. We live up the hill some more in the "Mountain House". On Saturday and Sunday I watched conference as you might have guessed. I watched all but the Saturday afternoon session at the church. The Saturday afternoon session we watched at Tommy's house. There were a lot of good talks and all the apostles spoke at least once some spoke more than once. I took notes but not too many because Elder Bednar told us to only take a few notes. I liked that there were a lot of talks on missionary work. Most of the talks on missionary work, they were talking to the members but it is also the missionary who can get the member involved. I liked the one Sunday morning about holding on to the knowledge that we have and always trying to get more. I liked listening to Elder Bednar and Elder Kopichke because I felt like I knew them since I have met them. It was a little weird watching all the sessions at the church and not at home. There were about 10 people at the church for the sessions. Overall it was a great conference.
 
                 It is great to hear that you had a good spring break. I like the pictures that you all sent. I will have to take lots so I can send some to you guys. The furniture looks nice mom. What did you do with the furniture that was in the living room before? Well I'm out of things to say so have a great week and know that I love and appreciate all that you guys do for me.
                                                             Love


                                                                    Elder Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment