Sunday, May 5, 2013

Frying pans, who knew?

Hey Family,
                    This week has been exciting. Monday and Tuesday were spent going around Hot Springs and saying bye to lots of the members and investigators. 

Elder Talbert and Elder Jacobson
On Wednesday we went the hour drive to Little Rock to transfers. My name was called as one of those going to the "Other Side". We then loaded up the trailers and drove 2 hours to the Memphis Stake Center. I got to see the Memphis Temple! It is by far the smallest temple I have ever seen. It was the same size if not smaller then the Stake Center. The Stake Center is normal sized. Then I went to the transfer meeting in Memphis. I am now companions with Elder Staib. We drove 2 hours from the Memphis stake center to Pocahontas, Arkansas where I am now serving. Pocahontas is a small town and there is a branch here. Wednesday night we went to family game night. There are not enough active youth here so they have a family game night on Wednesday instead of mutual. The rest of the week we went and visited some people here. I am still trying to learn names and figure out where I am. Yesterday church was weird. There were only about 40-50 people there and 90% of those were older folks. 

Elder Staib and Elder Talbert
Elder Staib is really cool. We kinda look alike but I'm a little taller. We have a lot in common so that is great. We were looking at each others photos yesterday and realized that his younger brother looks like Nathaniel. It was really strange. 

                    There is also a senior couple here in Pocahontas. They are the Musicks and they are really nice and always willing to help. We cover all the little towns around Pocahontas so we have a good sized area. I will enjoy it here.

                    A few side things. 1st, Dad tell Sister Hart hi and that I will be praying for her and I hope she gets better soon. 2nd Mom I have not gotten my med's but they should be here soon. I have enough to last till they get here. 3rd my doctors appointment will have to be changed because it is 2 hours to get to Little Rock. I talked to President about it and the Musicks are willing to drive us there and back so I will reschedule that today some time. It sounds like you have all had a fairly good week. I am excited to see Paula and Blake's new place. It sounds like Heather's face plant hurt and I hope she will be OK. Last thing is that this week I have heard a talk by Brad Wilcox called "His Grace is Sufficient". It is a great talk and I encourage you all to hear it.

                    Thanks for all that you do for me and know that I am always praying for you guys. Have a great week.  
                                            Love Elder Talbert

  


 Pastor George Rook
me with Derek Bruce
Edger on the left and Shelita on the right
my finger after i jammed it playing basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment