Sunday, September 29, 2013

there is no water in the air

Letter from September 2, 2013

Hey Family,
                This week has been great! On Monday we went and hung out with Tamra for a bit then we went up to Piggott and said goodbye to Deidra and Jeremey. Then we went to Nicole's and went with her and her family to Rector to see Zephyer play football. It was a typical junior high game. After the game I said goodbye to them and Chance. On Tuesday I packed most of the day. We did go see the Charles. Then we went to the Edler's for dinner. They took some pictures so maybe you will get one. We then went to Bro Roses' and then to Tamra's. On Wednesday I finished packing and we went to Jonesboro to meet the Musicks and the Pocahontas Elders. We stopped by and saw the Kirkseys and then meet up with the Musicks. We loaded all my stuff in their car and we drove down to Bartlett for Transfers. Right before transfers I asked Elder Adams if he could hint as to where I was going. (he is an AP). He told me I wasn't going anywhere. It really confused me. Then transfers happened and I was assigned to be in Bartlett. My companion is Elder Breckenridge. He is from Tetonia, Idaho and we seem to have a lot in common. It will be fun serving with him. We whitewashed the area so we are still trying to figure out what is going on. In the evening we went to the church and meet some people and the sisters helped us figure out who our investigators are. Thursday we went and tried to see a couple people but for the most part we tried to get things organized. On Friday we went shopping and saw a few more people. Then that evening we went over to the Elders quorum presidents over the 1st ward and talked to him. Saturday was about the same just tried to see some people the sisters before us had been working with. On Sunday we went to church at 9 and had sacrament in the 2nd ward and met a bunch of people. Then we went to gospel principles. After gospel principles we went to sacrament meeting in the 1st ward. We are technically over the 1st ward. We met a bunch more people and they were excited to see us. Some people were not excited that we were Elders since it was a sister area we took over. Then we taught gospel principles class and went to Elders quorum. By the end of church I still felt like I had no idea who anyone was. I also still am figuring out if people are in 1st or 2nd ward.
              Well that's about it for my week. Hopefully by next week I will know what is going on in the area. I hope you all have a great week and a fun Labor day.
                                                                                          Elder Talbert 

No comments:

Post a Comment