Sunday, September 1, 2013

There's always a bigger fish

Joseph's letter from August 12th

Hey family,
                 This week has been really good. On Monday we played ping pong with Tamra, Nicole, and Juane. It was lots of fun. On Tuesday we had zone meeting. It was good. They taught us how to teach more simply. The zone is really small now. I will send pics of the zone map. That night we had dinner with the Edlers. While we were at their house Bro Edler asked Sis Edler where he had heard the name Talbert before. Then they asked if I had family in Arizona. I was like yeah, I have lots of family in Arizona. They were then trying to think of the name and all they could come up with is Aunt TT. I told them I don't know anyone with that name. Then Bro Edler pulled up a pic on Facebook and showed it to me. I was like yeah, that's my cousin Jimmy and Tiffany. Apparently they know Tiffany from a while back when they used to live next to her. It was awesome. Wednesday we went up to Piggott and helped a member move some of his stuff to a storage shed. Then we went to Jonathan and Angel's. We met Elder Davis and Elder Mulvey there. They had come over to do Angel's interview. She should be getting baptized this next week if they can get a marriage license. From there we went to Nicole's and had dinner and taught Chance. We came home and it was late when we got in so the Blytheville Elders stayed the night. On Saturday we went up to Piggott again. This time we went up with Bro Watson. He is the Branch mission leader. That night we went to Nicole's for dinner again. This time though she had invited her friend Joella and a less active member. It was awesome and we had a full house of members, non-members, and less actives. On Sunday we had small numbers because everyone was on vacation. We also taught priesthood. It was a good lesson but their weren't many people there so there wasn't much participation.

                That is about it. I hope you all have a good week and have fun at the ward campout. I love and pray for y'all.
                               Elder Talbert   

No comments:

Post a Comment