Sunday, February 23, 2014

Doctor

Hey Family,
                  This week has been great. Monday we played games and then because Elder North and Elder Oveson were getting transferred we said goodbye to some people. Then on Tuesday Elder Oveson packed most of the day and I straightened up the house. Then we went and taught this guy named Eugene about the Book of Mormon. That night we said goodbye to a couple more people. On Wednesday we went to transfers. My new companions name is Elder Sakurada. He is from Roy UT. He has been out for a little over a year (1 transfer less than me). Elder Fredette's new companion is Elder Cassler. He is from Orem, UT. I did not know him before the mission but we know a lot of the same people. After transfers we loaded all of their stuff in our car and drove back to West Memphis. That night we went to mutual and they got to meet lots of the members. Then me and Elder Sakurada took the other Elders' car and drove to Little Rock. We were on bike week so we didn't have a car. We got to Little Rock and stayed with the Pinnacle Mountain Elders. The next day we got up and went to my doctors visit. I wore an awesome doctor tie ( I will send a pic).

This is my doctor tie- it is pretty legit!

  It was a fairly normal visit. Some lab work, an echo (ultrasound), and some chest x-rays. The doctor told me I was doing perfect. Because it was my year mark I needed to get a special blood test to check for rejection. I had to go to a different hospital for that blood test. So after I was done we got in the car and plugged in the GPS to the hospital. We drove there and after wandering around to find the lab because the person we asked told us it was downstairs, we found the lab. We walked in and told them why we were there and they said we were at the wrong hospital. We needed to be in Little Rock not North Little Rock. It was LAME. It had the same name and was just as far from the children's hospital as the one we were supposed to be at. We finally got to the right hospital and after I told them why I was there they said come on in we have been waiting for you. I got the blood test and we headed back to West Memphis. We then went around and saw a few people. On Friday I had to wear a holter monitor that the doctor told me to wear for 24 hours. We went and saw Anne. She is doing better and is not sick anymore. We were teaching her and her grandchildren wanted to listen so we scheduled a time this week to go teach the whole family. It was awesome. Saturday we went and saw Janette and Sharon. That afternoon we had a great discussion with Sherry and David. After we went up to the Teeter's and had dinner and a good visit with them. Sunday Noland came to church. It was really great and after church we read 2nd Nephi 31 with him. We are still working on baptism and trying to set a date with him. That night we went to the Anderson's for dinner and a lesson. It was really good and lots of fun. 
this is a pic of the moon at 5 o clock

                That was about it for my week. Hope y'all have a great week and a fun Presidents day. Thanks for all y'all have done for me. 
Elder Talbert  

No comments:

Post a Comment