Sunday, April 27, 2014

Still in West Memphis!

Elder Talbert's letter from March 24

Hey Family,
                  This week has been great! Monday we just hung out and played games all day. Then on Tuesday we drove the other Elders to Midtown so they could go on exchanges. We then came back and saw a few people. We talked with Sister Orey's mom who's not a member. She is really cool. On Wednesday we had specialized training. It was all about doing whatever it takes to serve the Lord. I think that's what a mission is all about because if you do your part and do all you can, the Lord will help you find the elect and get baptisms. It was really good and I learned a lot. After Specialized we went on exchanges. I stayed in Lakeland with Elder Bell while Elder Sakurada and Elder Schut went back to West Memphis. It was a fun exchange, most of the people we tried were not home but we did get to talk to this one guy about the church and how it blesses families. They should be teaching him soon. Well on Thursday we went to Midtown and exchanged back. We then went to go see Delores. She is doing good but has been really busy all week. We tried to see a bunch of others but had no luck. Friday came and we went and saw this referral we got from the zone leaders named Desteny. (yes I did spell her name right she just spells it weird.) On Saturday we were able to meet with Noland. He has one more week of the Police Academy left then he is done. We talked about prophets and how they are important to lead and guide the church. It got me excited for general conference. It is nice to hear what the prophet and apostles have to say and what kinda things they warn us about. We also got talking about his girlfriend that lives in Utah. I discovered that she works at PCMC. (Primary Children's Medical Center.) I probably have met her some time. He is planning on moving to Utah in November. We also went and saw sister Misskelly. She is doing good and always says she will come to church but she never does. On Sunday we went to church and Noland came but Delores didn't. It was good, the talks were on the Atonement. Then in gospel principles we learned more about the Atonement. That evening we went to the Anderson's for dinner. They are a super cool family. I love going to their house because it makes me feel like I am at home with all the dinner drama and discussions. Today we drove to Midtown to give the Midtown elders our bike rack because Elder Jacobson ( my first companion) is going home. And just a warning, I gave him our address and he said he would come visit you guys because he lives in Orem as well.

           Well that's about it for my week. It sounds like y'all had a great week! I am not getting transferred and neither is my companion so I will be in West Memphis for at least 6 more weeks. I am excited to stay! Thanks for all y'all do for me.
Love Elder Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment