Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Arkansas

Joseph's first letter from Arkansas (written 12/24/12)

Hey Family
                I made it safely to Arkansas. I am in Hot Springs. It is a nice little town, the people in this town are really cool. It is also the home town of Bill Clinton and it has the famous Arlington hotel which housed Al Capone. It was also the main hang out place of all the mafia. My trainer (Elder Jacobson) is cool he likes to work out and is currently trying to get a six pack. He does p90x everyday so I join him sometimes and attempt to build muscle. We have a car to use all the time but we still ride our bikes because it is fun and there is nice weather outside. I have been learning a lot about missionary work. We have gone tracting a couple of times and I am not very good at knowing what to say but I am getting better. I live in a house in the woods. We get feed almost every night so that is nice. We watch the district every morning and I will have it memorized before too long. There are so many churches around you pass them like you do in Orem but they are all different. There is a cool video called missionary work and the atonement that you all should watch - it is my new favorite.

 Mom:  I will be calling between 9-11 I know its a big gap but I will try and let you know the exact time by either calling or texting you in the morning and I can do either call, skype, or facetime. l will tell you more about my life tomorrow  I am enjoying myself and having fun meeting lots of new people. 
                                                          Love
                                                            Elder Talbert

No comments:

Post a Comment